hello out there again to both my readers!! ha ha... i think i'm funny...
so a short blog this time. (at least that is my current intention.) last thursday i made a discovery. i am a broken woman. my husband did something for me that i think every woman would die to have her husband do for her. but i was bored and wanted to go home.
shoe shopping.
i'm not sure how the man coerced me into going. but i am not the biggest fan of clothes shopping in the beginning. (don't get me wrong, i want new clothes, i just want them to magically appear in my closet, i hate shopping for them...)
last thursday, i had finished working out with my workout buddy. typically i just drive her home, but brennen decided to join us. after we dropped her off, he decided he wanted to go to nordstrom rack. okay. sure. fine. alright. nordstrom rack. right now. while i'm in big baggy man shorts and a hoody. running shoes and white sports socks. hair slicked back in a sweaty ponytail.
(to all of you who knew me in high school. at home i look like that all the time, but i've actually tried to change and make myself somewhat presentable in public. typically i am at least clean...)
i figured i would just go into the nice store anyway to be nice to him. until he steered me into the shoe section. to those of you who knew me in high school, some things have not changed. i DO NOT WANT TO WEAR HEELS. i can not walk in them and i am remarkably uncomfortable. however, my husband has it in his little brain that i am not a real woman because i don't want to wear them. so to humor him i took my shoes off (but not the white sports socks) and put on a couple pairs. tho it made me mad. at least if you're going to make me go shoe shopping, tell me first, eh? so at least i feel kind of womanly and not feeling like everyone is staring at me in the store because i'm wearing white socks, man shorts, and heels.
after i almost fell over once, the night was done for me, and he finally gave up. (kind of, after looking at ties for him, which he swore was the real reason we went into the store, he still wanted to go down the shoe isles again 'just in case.' lame, what 'just in case?!?' i already said no....)
the evening wasn't all bad as after nordstrom rack we went to tcby and i got yummy frozen yogurt and sorbet!! and almost everyone in that store was wearing sweat pants or some sort of workout gear. apparently that's the cool place to go after the gym on thursday nights. who knew?
SO... i am a broken woman. my husband takes me to buy me shoes. i don't want shoes. i come home with no shoes. (and purses... he offered to go looking at hand bags so i can have one... but i turned that down, too)
oh... and the only shoes i tried on (most unwillingly) were ones that brennen picked out.
(i apologize, this post was longer than i had anticipated... and had i known this was going to happen i would have taken my camera so you could have seen how ridiculous i looked in my 'outfit.')
to all you shoe women out there who would love a husband to take you shoe shopping. i am sorry that i snatched him away and that i'm not even grateful for it. please don't hate me...
i'm commenting on my own post as to not make it longer, but i feel i want to add a practical reason as well as to why i don't want to wear heels. my feet are really messed up. i have to wear orthotics in shoes for added arch support. because my feet roll so much to the inside, i have really really unstable feet. and as we all know so well how heel are obviously the most stable shoe on the market, i think you can see why a heel isn't good for me. even if i did feel comfortable in them. but they just aren't me, nor will they ever be. and i think that that's okay.
ReplyDeleteI love that you commented on your own post. You have the most awesome kishi ever!
ReplyDeleteToo bad Brennen didn't get Terral's interest in minimal footwear. He thinks heels are society's shackles for women. OK, he wouldn't choose that description, but basically heels are not good for us. :) I wear them occasionally anyway. (But not because I love them.)
Aren't you already taller than him?! You'd think he wouldn't want to add any more to that... but whatever.
ReplyDeleteYes, I don't agree with the social pressure that society puts on women to wear unhealthy shoes. There are nice looking (I'm trying to avoid the word "cute" for some reason) flats out there.
Ha ha...I love it! You make me laugh! We went shoe shopping Saturday night for me too because I need dressy flats for work but I couldn't find any I liked so I got Sperry's instead! :-)
ReplyDeleteI actually love going shoe shopping, but only for adorable flats. I have messed up feet too (broke an ankle a while back and can't point my toes anymore) and my brother always used to tell me I looked like a man in heels anyway before I broke the ankle, so I've never been a fan. What size feet are you, and I'll bring you any flats I've gotten that are accidentally too small if they'll fit you :) Then they will magically appear in your closet and you won't have to stress :)
ReplyDeleteMy goal for 2011 is to buy a pair of heels...you can join me in that goal if you'd like ;)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has nothing to do with your post...I'm just encouraging another post...;)
ReplyDelete